Breaking News

Mini Dental Implant Procedure for Dummies

Tooth implants have become common among many patients who want to improve their oral health. Thanks to technology, mini teeth implants are placed without surgery, and one can eat regular foods after the procedure. One can get this and other designs at dental implant centers of America. The following are some of the advantages of dental implants.

Prevents Aging

Unknown to many, teeth help in shaping the outlook of your face. Lack of teeth may result in your face losing its natural shape hence sagging. An all on 4 dental implant can improve this by maintaining the jawline and giving you a better natural appearance.

Prevents Loosening

Lack of teeth or a tooth may result in the remaining teeth moving unnaturally, causing you long-term pain. It is better to have a tooth implant than a denture in place of the missing tooth. There are rare cases of dental implant shifting, and if it happens, one should see a dentist soon. Most dentists advocate for tooth implants. However, a tooth implant may not be the best option for you. One should question is a tooth implant necessary. In other scenarios, a dental surgery tooth replacement is the best option. Before having any procedure done, make sure you have done your research and consulted further and wide. Oral health is essential and should not be neglected.

Teeth whitening plantation

Did you know that gum disease is the most common cause of tooth loss among adults? Nearly 28% of people 35 to 44 years old have untreated tooth decay which can lead to tooth loss. If you’ve suffered tooth loss for one reason or another, you may be looking for options to restore that beautiful smile of yours.

One option is a dental implants procedure. To undergo this type of procedure, you will first need to find a cosmetic dentist or a dental implants specialist and have a one-on-one consultation with them to see if you qualify. Over 80% of dentists are general practitioners, white the other 20% are specialists to limit their practices, so it is best to seek out a specialist in dental implants.

If you are missing only one tooth, the cosmetic dentist will most likely recommend the mini dental implants procedure. This is a low cost dental implants procedure that will only cost between $400 and $1,200, depending on what type of implant used, what office you go to, and what type of cosmetic work you need done beforehand.

There are many advantages of receiving a mini dental implant as opposed to the traditional procedure:

  • No Surgery. Mini implants offer all the advantages of regular implants, but without the flap surgery, which requires even the best cosmetic dentist to make a larger incision in the gums to expose the implant after it has fused with the jaw bone. These are smaller and don’t require this step.
  • Shorter Healing. The procedure is less invasive, and because of this the healing time is much shorter. The new prosthetic tooth can be placed within just a few hours and will take only a matter of days to heal.
  • No Grafts. Rejoice! There is no need for a bone graft with these dental implants because mini implants are half the width of traditional ones. These bone grafts are also a very costly endeavor and take months to heal.
  • Convenience. Most patients will be surprised to know that a mini dental implant will only take one visit, and they should be able to eat normal foods within the same day of the procedure.
  • Less Complications. Since you are only replacing one or two teeth and invasive surgery is not needed, mini implants usually have less complications, such as infections or rejected bond grafts.
  • No Collapse. Bone loss can cause serious facial collapse, rendering people very self conscious about their smile. With a mini dental implant, this can prevent such collapse and restore the look of your smile.

If you are missing one or two teeth and don’t want to pay the hefty price tag for a full dental implant procedure, talk to your family dentist about whether or not you should receive a mini dental implant. Research more like this:


Leave a Reply