It all started with a new leather bike saddle, and has now evolved into you studying for an anatomy test. The Saturday bike riding trips with your friends turned into an exercise obsession that you could not have imagined three years ago. You have found a love for biking, running, and hiking and cannot imagine going back to the inactivity that was your previous life.
The decision to start teaching a couple of cycling classes has turned you into an expert about the most comfortable bike seats and the the advantages of investing in leather bike saddles and other important accessories. You have even decided to make a change and have started pursuing a career in health and fitness. This decision has shaped your life and has led to a healthier way of eating and making sure that you are able to get the exercise that you enjoy.
Finding the Right Kind of Bike Seat Can Help You Enjoy Your Trips
Summer months are a great time to take on a new activity and make sure that you are getting the exercise that you need. For many, summers are a time when the time when the longest bike rides happen and you can really get a chance to meet your fitness goals. No matter where you live in the country it is typically pretty easy to find a bike trail. In fact, there are some states across the U.S. that have seen a 46% increase in the number of people commuting by bicycle since 2005, so there are an increased number of trails available as well.
Consider some of these facts and figures about biking industry and the impact that this industry has on the nation’s economy:
- $1.2 billion in used bicycles were sold in the U.S. in the year 2015.
- There as many as 1 billion bicycles in the world, a number which is twice as many as the number of cars that are in the world.
- Over 21.8 million adults in the U.S. rode a bicycle 109 days or less in the year 201 .
- Compared to $51 billion spent on airplane tickets and fees every year, there is $81 million spent on bicycling gear in the U.S.
- Coronary heart disease was reduced by 50% when people cycled 20 miles a week, according to a study conducted by the British Medical Association.
Sometimes it just takes a small thing like a great leather bike saddle to get you interested in the habit of riding a bike on a regular basis.