Whether you are looking for an x ray because you fear that you have a twisted ankle or you are looking for a fast way to make sure that you get your flu shot, it is very likely that you will save both time and money if you visit a local walk in health clinic. In fact, there are many time when you are able to get the care that you need without having to pay the high prices of a hospital emergency room or compete for a few open appointments at a family physician or pediatrician.
There are a number of reasons why an URGENT CARE setting is often the best option for many individuals and families looking for health care.
- Unless you have an emergency health situation that needs to be handled in a hospital emergency room, it is often far more affordable and convenient to make vist a local walk in clinic.
- Research indicates that there are many advantages to getting preventative health care like yearly physicals, vaccines, and flu shots.
- Getting sick does not always happen on a regular schedule. In fact, if you happen to get sick in the evening or on the weekend, it can be impossible to get an appointment to see your regular family physician or pediatrician.
- Every walk in clinic has slightly different hours, but many of them are open late in the evenings and on both Saturday and Sunday. This means that you can get a diagnosis for a twisted ankle or treatment for an exposure to poison ivy without having to wait for an appointment at your family doctor’s office.
- No doctor can help you if you if you do not get in for an appointment. Proactive consumers realize the importance of getting in to see a medical professional sooner rather than later.
- The fact that you can walk into an urgent care clinic and gett the care that you need without an appointment is one of the biggest conveniences of using this health care platform.
- Cost is another one of the biggest advantages consumers find when they visit a walk in clinic. The overhead that is involved in a hospital means that the bills reflect these additional charges. In comparison, walk in health clinics are more affordable. In fact, some of them even post the prices for some of the most common treatments.
- After hour care does not have to be any less than the care that is administered during the day. In fact, groups of doctors are actually the owners of most of the health care clinics during the day.
- Right now, there are more people who have insurance because of the Affordable Care Act. As a result, there are a number of adjustments being made to the entire health care platform to meet the needs of all of these people who are insured for the first time.
- Every time you have an illness or an injury it is important to remember that you are not just a patient. You are a consumer as well.
Fortunately, if you are looking for an evaluation after a twisted ankle, it is comforting to know that 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care. In addition, these walk in clinics also offer a number of other diagnostic services. When you add in the fact that 85% of urgent care centers are open seven days a week, you realize the importance of this type of health care plan.