The 51-year old mother was exhausted from months of sleepless nights. Although she has been making a concerted effort to go to bed early, like clock work, she finds herself waking up two to three times a night. The wake up at 3:00 am is the most frustrating. It seems, in fact, that she is never able to fall back to sleep very easily and she wakes up in the morning groggy and irritable.
Finally, the 51-year old’s husband was able to convince her to see a doctor. The resulting sleep apnea diagnosis explained why she had been waking up so often every night. After trying several different masks, she finally settled on a minimal contact full face mask that was the most comfortable CPAP mask she tried. The machine itself, and the discount CPAP supplies that are delivered to her home every month insure that she now gets the rest that she needs.
The 85-year old man was experiencing some concerning conditions. With an elevated blood pressure and low oxygen rates, his doctor made the decision to ash the 85-year old patient to come in for a sleep study. The results, actually quite similar to what the doctor expected, indicated that an oxygen machine might help improve the elderly gentlemen’s conditions.
When delivering the diagnosis, however, the doctor also suggested that having a smaller CPAP machine might be helpful for travel. This smaller piece of equipment was not quite the same as the full size oxygen machine, but it would also serve the purpose of making sure that the older patient was taking more oxygen rich breaths through the night. Combined with a heated humidifier, which patients over the age of 60 are five times more likely to need, the CPAP machines have been proven to be very effective.
Two entirely different situations.
By ordering discount CPAP supplies, people across the country can get the sleep that they need and avoid the threats that are associated with sleep apnea, a possible life threatening condition. Consider some of these facts and figures about sleep apnea and CPAP machines.
- Getting a diagnosis of sleep apnea is fairly common. In fact, the condition is prevalent in as many as an estimated 18 million Americans.
- Estimating the costs of ordering discount CPAP supplies often shows that this is a more affordable supply chain platform.
- Twice as common in men than women, sleep apnea is a condition that can contribute to many other unhealthy tendencies that are associated with lack of sleep.
- Studies indicate that 2% to 4% of all Americans have an undiagnosed case of sleep apnea. This means that approximately one in 50 individuals may be undiagnosed.
- Overnight rest is one of the ways that the body rejuvenate itself and prepares itself for the following days activities.
- Many studies indicate that untreated sleep apnea sufferers are three times as likely to have heart disease.
- Experiencing as many as 60 apneas an hour is common for many sleep apnea sufferers.
- Retail prices can be significantly more than the options that are available for discount CPAP supplies.
- Estimates indicate that as many as 80% of patients who say they use their CPAP [machine] don’t use it enough to keep them safe.
- Studies indicate that nearly 50% of all people prescribed CPAP machines stop using them in a mere one to three weeks. This is unfortunate because research show that for the best results and continued insurance coverage, patients should use CPAP at least 70% of the time over a 30 day period. Basically, this means that patients should use their machines for at least four hours every night.
- The list of reasons why rest is important is long. In addition to interrupting sleep, however, sleep apnea can also be even more dangerous. When you stop breathing in the middle of the night, you risk not waking up.