Suffering from anxiety can certainly be tough to deal with. Recent research shows that anxiety disorders are the most common form of a mental illness in the entire United States. About 40 million adults in the United States suffer from one form of anxiety or another. 40 million people are about 18% of the entire United States population, quite a large number.
- GABA: This supplement has been shown to be a popular natural remedy for anxiety. There has not been conclusive evidence that this ingredient will work for everyone. However, there are a growing number of individuals who are reporting that GABA has helped to treat their anxiety. What is worth noting is that the people who noticed their symptoms had improved noticed a dramatic improvement.
- Valerian Root: This root is commonly used as a sleep aid. However, it has been reported to help anxiety in certain people. It is important that you don’t try and operate machinery while using this supplement, as it has been known to induce sleep. Sometimes, these products can be stronger to certain people. One person might be able to take valerian root and feel relaxed, while another uses this supplement and falls asleep for a few hours.
- Kava: This supplement has not been studied long term but there are important benefits of kava for anxiety. Kava was originally used as a way to induce sleep into an individual. However, recent findings are showing that it can be an effective anxiety treatment. Recent research shows that only about one third of the people who are suffering from anxiety end up receiving treatment. Making matters worse, the adults missing out on treatment don’t realize that most anxiety disorders are easily treatable.
- Vitamin B: If you have read about ways to stay healthy, it’s likely that you have seen the benefits of vitamins. There are many different vitamins, each with their unique set of benefits. However, when it comes to reducing anxiety, B vitamins are where it is at. Specifically, vitamin B12 has been shown to help people with depression. Including vitamin B12 into your supplement regimen can be effective for making those anxious feelings go away.
- Melatonin: Anxiety can definitely have a negative effect on your sleep. If you are having thoughts that are keeping you awake, this can affect your entire life. It is estimated that around 50-70 million adults in the United States have some form of a sleep disorder. Melatonin is one of the most commonly used natural remedies to help with sleep. However, recent evidence has shown that melatonin can help certain individuals with anxiety.
One important way to reduce anxiety that hasn’t been touched on is your diet. There are many foods and drinks that can induce anxiety. One common source of anxiety is overdoing it on the caffeine that you consume. Many people find that reducing caffeine out of their diet can make them feel less on edge. Stress and anxiety often go together and removing caffeine and other stimulants can greatly improve anxiety in certain people.
Starting a food journal can be beneficial for some individuals. Tracking foods can help you match up an anxiety attack with foods or drink consumed on that day. There have been times where ruling out a food or two can greatly reduce symptoms of anxiety. Tracking your foods in a diet journal is a great way to watch what you eat. There are even free smartphone applications where you can enter foods you’ve eaten and drinks you’ve had. However, using a pen and paper is also a perfectly acceptable method of daily food tracking.
In conclusion, there are many ways to stay healthy and fight anxiety. Recent findings are showing the world that there are effective natural remedies for anxiety. Supplements can be a great way to fight your anxiety. However, you may need to try a few different products before you find an effective treatment method for you. In addition, watching your diet can be an effective tool in anxiety management. Consider removing foods that are known to make you feel energized or on edge. Trying the previously mentioned natural remedies for anxiety could help your anxiety for good.