One of the most effective aging treatments is actually named for a creature that does not age at all. The vampire facelift, as it is known, is a procedure that injects a substance derived from the blood of patient back into the face. Unlike cosmetic Botox procedures, the vampire facelift is designed to rejuvenate the face, not paralyze it, and in doing so, naturally smooth out wrinkles.
Interested in age-fighting procedures or the most effective weight loss cosmetic treatments? There are some more important options, like liposuction and fat transfer, to keep in mind. But first, here are five more facts to know about cosmetic surgery.
1. Fat transfer is becoming a popular cosmetic surgery procedure for its versatility. Instead of using artificial and synthetic materials as implants inside the body, fat transfer involves taking the fat a person already has on his or her body and moving it elsewhere on the body. This, like the vampire facelift, can largely minimize the risk of allergic reactions.
2. If you are interested in a breast augmentation procedure, fat transfer can help. Want your breasts reduced in size? That fat can be used elsewhere. Need them just a bit bigger? Using your own body fat instead of silicone implants is a more natural way to achieve these results.
3. What about skin grafting? This procedure takes skin from your body and uses on other parts of your body to cover up scarring or other depressions. The hands, the face and the lips are often the most-grafted areas. The vampire facelift, in addition to grafting, can also help improve the appearance of the face.
4. Now, talk liposuction. If you need fat gone and gone for good, this might be the best option for you. Liposuction can be performed at doctor office, hospital or ambulatory surgery center and is typically an outpatient procedure. Getting the vampire facelift, in addition to liposuction, can greatly enhance your appearance through and through.
5. In 2011, about 89 percent of all liposuction procedures were undergone by women. As the body ages, natural fat tends to get deposited in the hips and the midsection most often. Liposuction can help reverse this, along with a balanced diet and plenty of exercise.
So now you know about the vampire facelift. And you know about liposuction and fat transfer. The only question is: Are these procedures for you?